The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm in Seattle, seeks an Intern Architect.
We are an innovative firm designing buildings, landscapes, and places that weave together a vibrant mix of uses to embrace the communities in which we work. Our dynamic team of interdisciplinary professionals crafts solutions for our clients by asking the right questions, diving deep into understanding their needs and the context of our projects, and by pursuing new ways of thinking about the future. We are recognized in the design community for the quality and thoughtfulness of our work, and for being focused on outcomes that build healthy communities and cities.
About the Role
The primary function of the Intern Architect at GGLO is to support the project team in the completion of one or more multi-family/mixed-use projects in accordance with the established goals and scope of that project. Collaborates with all team members in an effective and efficient manner and works under direction of and in collaboration with key project team members.
- 3 or more years of professional experience, with 1 year minimum relevant US work experience
- Architecture Degree from an accredited University in the United States
- Demonstrated proficiency with Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and Windows OS
- Working towards licensure
- Working knowledge of multi-family housing and other building types
- Experience with the Concept and Schematic Design process for multi-family project types
- Experience with the production of Design Communication packages for multi-family project types
- Ability to think in 3D and understand and solve complex design issues
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality work
- Authorization to work in the United States
Successful GGLO Intern Architects Have
- LEED Accreditation
- Experience with Deltek Vision
- Experience with being a part of a collaborative, integrated team structure for all phases of work
- Experience in our core markets
- Proven history of excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to hand sketch to communicate design concepts
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and portfolio PDF attachments (5MB or less) to Brianna Mitchell, HR/Hiring Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line ‘Intern Architect’ in your email.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance – employee’s premium paid 100%
- Health Savings Account with Employer contribution
- 401K with match and Profit Sharing
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Professional Development Programs and Licensure Reimbursement
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- ORCA Transit Pass
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Secure Bike Parking and Company Bike Use
- On-Site Gym and Spa Amenities
- Lunch ‘n’ Learns for Continuing Education Credits
- Formal and Informal Mentorship
- Coaching Program
- Thursday Design Reviews
- Unbelievable Holiday Parties
- Company Rec Teams: Soccer, Kickball, Volleyball
email@example.com for more information.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.