The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm in Seattle and Los Angeles, seeks a Business Development Coordinator for our Seattle location, who is a versatile, organized, resourceful thinker and implementer of GGLO’s BD strategy. The Coordinator works closely with Principals, Director of Business Development and the BD/Marketing Team on all Business Development activities for GGLO.
GGLO is an innovative firm designing buildings, interiors, and landscapes that weave together a vibrant mix of uses to embrace the communities in which we work. Our dynamic team of interdisciplinary professionals crafts solutions for our clients by asking the right questions, diving deep into understanding their needs and the context of our projects, and by pursuing new ways of thinking about the future. We are recognized in the design community for the quality and thoughtfulness of our work, and for being focused on outcomes that build healthy communities and cities.
Professional Knowledge & Experience
- Participate in the creation of Market Sector (MS) plans in collaboration with Director of Business Development, Marketing Manager and Principals
- Guide and monitor MS plans, working with teams and individuals to fulfill plan objectives and goals
- Work with Principals to support them in reaching their individual business development targets; help individuals improve and succeed in sales efforts
- Develop new prospect presentations and provide interview preparation, including development of presentations, collateral, graphics, visual aids, and leave-behind packages
- Lead research efforts on prospective clients as well as market/industry trends and insights; identify and qualify high value prospects
- Develop ongoing prospect activity summaries for Market Sector teams and individuals in order to ensure follow-through on prospect activities
- Collect and share market sector and competitor information
- Leverage CRM to optimize effectiveness in relationship building
- Assist Principals in promoting the firm and markets through targeted marketing, speaking engagements, publishing, attendance at conferences, etc.
- Actively research and suggest improvements to business development processes
- Provide public relations support
- Share ideas by contributing analysis, observations and recommendations for ways to increase Business Development effectiveness and positive outcomes
- Assist in developing, planning, implementing, and monitoring MS plans
- Develop and track weekly and monthly reporting on business development and weekly assignments for market sector teams
- Track and prepare BD metrics reporting (financial and CRM performance)
- Participate in budget reporting and discussions for markets
- Actively participate in team meetings, Principal/Market Sector meetings, BD Forum discussions and BD financial meetings
- Gather useful intelligence on selected prospects
- Incorporate targets into MS BD plan and work with team to pursue
- Identify and secure listing in all desirable rosters for notice of RFP
- Additional administrative, business development, marketing and special projects, as needed
Skill Sets Required
- 1-5 years of experience in a professional marketing role
- Experience in A/E/C industry strongly preferred
- Outstanding professional and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills; ability to manage multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be highly detail oriented with strong drive for results, yet be flexible and adaptable to shifting priorities.
- Resourceful, good judgment, and strong innovative problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat) as well as the Microsoft Office Family (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Working knowledge of web development tools preferred.
GGLO offers paid industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, flexible schedules, remote work, generous time off, ORCA commuter passes, bicycle parking, office bicycles for use, casual dress code, relaxed atmosphere, pet friendly atmosphere, indoor gym, pool, sauna, summer concert series in our outdoor space, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, annual Profit Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
How to Apply:
Send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Brianna Mitchell, HR/Hiring Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line ‘Business Development Coordinator’ in your email.
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance – employee’s premium paid 100%
- Health Savings Account with Employer contribution
- 401K with match and Profit Sharing
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Professional Development Programs and Licensure Reimbursement
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- ORCA Transit Pass
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Secure Bike Parking and Company Bike Use
- On-Site Gym and Spa Amenities
- Lunch ‘n’ Learns for Continuing Education Credits
- Formal and Informal Mentorship
- Coaching Program
- Thursday Design Reviews
- Unbelievable Holiday Parties
- Company Rec Teams: Soccer, Kickball, Volleyball
email@example.com for more information.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.