The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm in Seattle and Los Angeles, seeks an Architectural Designer, specializing in Tall Buildings.
We are an innovative firm designing buildings, landscapes, and places that weave together a vibrant mix of uses to embrace the communities in which we work. Our dynamic team of interdisciplinary professionals crafts solutions for our clients by asking the right questions, diving deep into understanding their needs and the context of our projects, and by pursuing new ways of thinking about the future. We are recognized in the design community for the quality and thoughtfulness of our work, and for being focused on outcomes that build healthy communities and cities.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Tall Building Architectural Designer is critical to acquisition and execution of current and future tall building projects. This position will build our capacity for design and technical aspects of tall building projects. This role is responsible for facilitating and coordinating architectural design services from project analysis through completion, and is responsible for production and coordination, through direction to the project team.
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads design teams working on tall building projects
- Collaborates with and coordinates work of consultants to ensure all deliverables support design excellence and project goals
- Participates in design strategy sessions and presentations
- Manages day to day design concept/process consistent with the project’s program, budget and time constraints
- Provides expertise in executing projects to design team, clients, and contractors
- Provides innovative thought and leadership on tall building design concepts
- Provides mentoring and coaching to less experienced staff
SKILL SET REQUIRED
- 10 or more years of professional experience, including 10 years focused on designing tall buildings
- Architecture License
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in the United States
- Proficiency in Rhino, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional knowledge and proved ability to design tall buildings
- Experience completing all phases of tall building projects
- Proven ability to make presentations and facilitate discussions
- International project experience preferred
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment, and team-oriented
- Authorization to work in the United States
WE WANT TO KNOW YOU
Please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and portfolio PDF attachments (5MB or less) to Brianna Mitchell, HR/Hiring Coordinator at email@example.com. Please use the subject line ‘Architectural Designer, Tall Buildings’ in your email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance – employee’s premium paid 100%
- Health Savings Account with Employer contribution
- 401K with match and Profit Sharing
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Professional Development Programs and Licensure Reimbursement
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- ORCA Transit Pass
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Secure Bike Parking and Company Bike Use
- On-Site Gym and Spa Amenities
- Lunch ‘n’ Learns for Continuing Education Credits
- Formal and Informal Mentorship
- Coaching Program
- Thursday Design Reviews
- Unbelievable Holiday Parties
- Company Rec Teams: Soccer, Kickball, Volleyball
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.